Dosbarth Gwyrdd - Mr Wyatt
Our topics this year are:
Autumn 1 - Scrumdiddlyumptious
Spring 1 - Mighty Metals
Summer 1 - I am Warrior
PTA Christmas Fete - Thursday 5th December
Grandparents Concert KS2 - Friday 6th December 1.30pm
Key Stage 2 Day Concert performance - Wednesday 11th December 2019
Key Stage 2 evening performance - Thursday 12th December 2019
Panto trip - Wednesday 18th December 2019
Christmas Parties - Thursday 19th December 2019
What we are doing in maths this term:
Year 3 - 2, 3, 4, 5, 10 x tables
- Number bonds to 20
- Read and write numbers to 1000
- Doubling and halving using partitioning
- +10, -10, +1, -1 to a 2-digit number
- Big Maths takes place every Friday. Below you will find example tests for each CLIC. Your child can practise these in preparation for their test. You could try changing the digits for the questions to give them a variety of examples, the type of question will remain the same each week until they progress to the next CLIC.
- Your child will bring home a new spelling list each Friday. Please can you make sure your child practises their spellings regularly.
- There will be weekly Abacus homework in the form of interactive maths games. Please encourage your child to play the maths games at home.
- It is important to find the time to listen to your child read regularly. Just 10 minutes a day will help your child's progress in literacy.
Things to Remember
- PE is every Wednesday so please could all children have their PE kit on this day.
- Please could your child bring in their reading book and spelling/homework file every day.
Keep an eye out for photos on twitter to see what fun your child is having in school!